Friday, August 28, 2009

Steve Levitt - Why Financial Incentives Don't Work



One of my favourite authors---the only one who made Economics fun enough for me to read!

Anyway, are you wondering what this video has got to do with you as an educator? Am I saying that you should not be drawing a higher salary?

Well, no. I think that teachers are providing an important function to society and should be financially incentivised generously. Having said that, what am I trying to say with this video?

Simple. Perhaps we can apply what he has said to how we run the class room. Do our students actually think that what they are doing is the most important thing in the world? Or are they working for extrinsic motivations?

If you went "huh?!" after reading that. You have either not watched the video or you need to watch it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment