Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?



I guess I do agree with him.

Watch and experience how Sir Ken Robinson disarms you with his wit and wisdom. A truly remarkable talk given by a remarkable man.

I loved the story he told about Gillian Lynne. That really provoked me deeply to consider the tremendous power I have in helping my students fulfill their destinies. This power is a double-edged sword. You have this power too.

And also, the thought of how all education systems apply the same hierarchical valuation in terms of subjects was a tremendous revelation. Imagine all the breakthroughs in educational research on Multiple Intelligences, Learning Styles, Brain Research, etc had SO LITTLE impact on the education world!

What would it take for you and your school to do the right thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment